Starting Fall 2023, BSW students can reside outside of Georgia.
All of your BSW courses are fully online, and you would complete a field placement in your local community, whether inside or outside of the state of Georgia.
Courses are filled on a first-come, first-serve registration basis.
For a student to be considered for B.S.W. status, the student must:
- Be in good standing at Georgia State with a minimum institutional GPA of 2.5.
- File a formal application in the school for B.S.W. status.
- Have grades of C or higher in English 1101 and 1102.
- Have successfully completed Areas A through F (except SW 2000).
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or better in the lower-division courses counted for completion of Areas A-F and a minimum grade of C or higher in SW 2000, if completed.
Entry into the B.S.W. program is a selective process on a space availability basis. A student who meets only the minimum GPA or other criteria is not necessarily guaranteed acceptance. Qualified students who are denied entry at one time will be placed on a competitive waiting list in the order of their denial to await possible access to the program at a subsequent time.
Visit Bachelor's Degree Admissions for information on applying to Georgia State.