Applicants must have a master’s degree in nursing and an active Georgia RN License.
Applying to the post-master’s certificate program.
ALL items must be received by the nursing application deadline.
- Apply online through SLATE.
- Application Fee $50. Online payment is due by the application deadline
- Two letters of recommendation. The letters should be from individuals knowledgeable of your academic and/or professional abilities and include contact information. For those applicants who have been out of nursing school for less than five years, a former faculty member must submit one letter.
- Resume. Include education, work experience, professional development, professional, community and volunteer activities, and research and publications.
- Statement of purpose/goals. Include a statement of your educational and career goals.
- Writing sample. A two-page position paper on a social or health issue. The paper should be in APA format and include references as appropriate. Type in Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced on 8 1/2 x 11-inch paper with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Transcripts. For Post-Master’s Certificate applicants please submit official transcripts from all graduate-level colleges or universities attended. Transcripts are required regardless of the length of stay or if the grades are listed on another school’s transcript, including hospital schools of nursing. If you have attended Georgia State, all graduate-level transcripts, except Georgia State’s, must be sent.
- Entrance exam waived for post-master’s certificate applicants.
- Experience. One to two years of clinical practice as a registered nurse (For clinical specialties, clinical practice should be in an area related to the specialty track chosen for master’s program (for example, 1‐2 years in medical‐surgical nursing practice to apply for adult health or family nurse practitioner specialty track).
- International Applicants. Additional requirements may apply if you are an international applicant. Learn more about the requirements for international applicants.
The master’s program is in a distance learning format. Check with the International Student and Scholar Services Office or the master’s program director before applying.
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) academic scores (International applicants only). For applicants whose native language is not English. If available, include a copy of your TOEFL score in your application packet. Scores cannot be more than two years old from the desired term of entry.
- Certificate of Immunization is required for accepted applicants who have never attended Georgia State. If admitted, you must submit this form to Georgia State Health Services before registration. Print the form found on the Georgia State Health Clinic site.
- Citizenship Verification. Review the requirements to verify lawful presence in the United States.