The Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions at Georgia State University is now accepting applications for the new online bachelor of science (B.S.) degree completion program for registered dental hygienists. You may submit applications to be admitted to the program’s next class, until June 15 for the Fall session and October 15, 2022, for the Spring Session.
Georgia State is the first tier-one research university and the second college or university in the Atlanta metropolitan area to offer an R.D.H. (registered dental hygienist) to B.S degree completion program.
- This degree opens new career avenues in education, program administration, public health, advanced clinical practice, specialized patient care, and research.
- Courses emphasize evidence-based practice in the biomedical, behavioral, and clinical sciences. All courses meet online. Some courses are available on-demand 24 hours a day, while others meet online at specific dates and times.
- Courses are created to ensure graduates step into leadership roles and find diverse jobs.
- Students benefit from Georgia State’s interprofessional education emphasis among life sciences students such as dental hygiene, respiratory therapy, or nursing.
- It provides new, expanded career opportunities while enhancing the dental hygienist’s skills, background knowledge, and professional values.
- This online degree completion program is available to all graduates of accredited schools of dental hygiene (including Perimeter College).
- You can design a portion of your curriculum to meet your career goals.
- You can apply new expertise to the work setting immediately upon course completion.
Earning a bachelor's degree in dental hygiene opens additional career opportunities for hygienists beyond direct patient care in a dental office. The new bachelor’s in dental hygiene results from a collaboration between Georgia State’s Perimeter College and Lewis College. Read the program’s admissions requirements and curriculum details.